Quicken won’t open after installing the update is one of the common errors that you can face while using Quicken. It can occur because of the faulty installation of the Quicken application or if the application is corrupted. If you are also facing the same error, this post can be helpful. Check out the ways to resolve Quicken won’t open issue.
Steps to Reset Quicken Credentials
Now, to open the application on your system, you will have to log into it. In case you do not remember the password, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to choose the login option on the Quicken page. You will then have to choose the “I forget my password” option.
- Type your Quicken ID correctly and then choose to submit.
- Next, you will get a 6 digit code. You need to enter it and then type the new password that you want to set.
Methods to Quicken Won’t Open After Update Issue
Now, to fix the issue, you need to carry out some basic methods. You may also have to carry out more than one method to fix the issue. Below we have mentioned all the methods in detail.
Start the Computer Again
The very first thing that you will have to do is to restart your system. When you update anything on the system, you must restart your device to let the changes take place. So, make sure to close all the applications which were running on the system. In the end, choose to restart it. check if you are still not able to open the application.
Install the Update Patch
The next method that you need to follow is to check out the list of the available patches. When you will find the list, you will have to choose the version of the Quicken application that you are using. Next, you need to download the patch and install it on the system by following the on-screen instructions.
Try to Open Quicken Without Opening the Company File
You can also fix the error by opening the application without opening the company file. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to press and hold the CTRL key and SHIFT key together. Now, you need to click on the Quicken icon twice. You will now have to keep holding the key until the blank screen opens on the screen.
- In case you can open the blank screen, it implies that there is an issue with the company file only.
- You will then have to restore the backup file by clicking on the File option. Next, click on the File operations option and then choose to validate and fix.
- Next, you will have to choose the option to validate the file and then choose the OK option.
Disable the AntiVirus Temporarily
There are chances that the Antivirus installed on the system is blocking the version of the Quicken application. So, to fix the issue, you may have to disable the antivirus installed on the system temporarily. Next, you will have to start the application and then enable the antivirus on the system.
Delete and Install Quicken Again
Now, the next method that you can use is to remove and install the Quicken application again. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to get the QCleanUI on the system and then fix the installation issues.
- Next, you will have to install the Quicken application again and then make sure that you have disabled the firewall installed on the system.
- You will then have to activate the antivirus again on the system.
Steps to Fix Quicken Won’t Open Issue in Windows 10
In case you have updated Windows 10 on your system and are unable to open the Quicken application, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you need to click on the start option and then in the search bar, type appwiz. cpl. When done, you need to tap the enter key.
- Next, you will have to turn off and on the Windows features.
- Now, look for the option for the .Net framework and then click on the plus sign.
- You will now have to check the option for ASP.NET 4.8.
- In the end, you need to click on the Ok button. After the features are added, the Quicken application will open on the screen.
To Wind Up
With all the methods that we have mentioned, you can easily fix the Quicken Won’t open after the update issue. Make sure to follow all the steps in the same and you will be good to go. In case you get stuck at any point, you will have to take technical help. Hopefully, the article has helped.